AVID Products, Inc.
An Employee-Owned Company
Based in Middletown, Rhode Island, AVID Products (https://www.avidproducts.com/) is a 100% employee-owned provider of award-winning audio and content solutions for the Learning and Lifestyle spaces across multiple markets. Founded 1953, AVID’s initial focus was developing value-based audio components for home and commercial use. In 1961, AVID, in collaboration with TWA, created the first in-flight entertainment headphone for commercial airline passengers, positioning the company as an innovative product leader. That legacy is at the heart of the AVID mission today, which is to leverage the Company’s and its employee owners’ commitment to excellence in providing mindful, innovative, and accessible solutions that enhance life’s experiences.
AVID continues to evolve and transform its business from a traditional provider of products, sold, and supported through traditional channels and processes, to a modern, analytically driven, multichannel provider of solutions for everyone with a focus on being a for impact company.
An exciting opportunity to join a growing employee-owner team for an impact organization! Perfect for someone that has functional and hands-on experience with web design and eCommerce (B2B, B2E, and potentially growing into B2C). This is a key role within MarCom that will assist in advancing the AVID brand, positioning, and messaging to the masses across multiple markets, while telling our story in a compelling and impactful manner via our web presence. Will be the lead for the AVID website, eCommerce platforms and various web-based efforts. Utilizing best practices to create an engaging user experience and enhancing all product listings across partners and third-party solutions. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design, be skilled in Adobe Creative programs and able to write compelling content, meta-tagging, alt-text, layout, and produce in collaboration with team members best practice product listings.
The Website and eCommerce Specialist will work very closely with Director of MarCom and in collaboration with team members and key partners on several aspects of yearly planning and initiatives, while also individually leading various efforts and playing a significant role in the continuous improvement of MarCom workflows, procedures, and reporting as they relate to web and eCommerce. Measuring performance of efforts via data and analytics and then using that to inform future enhancements and proactive planning. If you are self-motivated, can effectively multi-task, enjoy learning and are excited at the thought of being an important part of our transformation while having fun and making a positive impact on communities across the world, then we should connect today.
- Help drive and support strategy, tactics, and optimization of website and eCommerce in support of brand and mission awareness, sales growth, and solution partner programs.
- Responsible for managing the wholistic journey and experience of all guests.
- Manage external third-party support resources for website and eCommerce platforms.
- Working closely with them on all applicable integrations and troubleshooting.
- Play a significant role in being a steward for the AVID brand and story.
- Build supportive and trusting relationships internally and externally.
- Ensure all managed activity is in alignment with AVID’s brand and vision.
- Develop calendar for planned activities (campaigns, website enhancements, eCommerce projects, promotions, blogs, webinars, etc.).
- Website Management and Development
- Responsible for the successful development, curation, and oversight of AVID’s website using WordPress. Work includes site management and redesigns, writing and/or sourcing content, adding graphics, illustrations, images, multimedia content, testimonials, product guides and tech specs, troubleshooting/training, creating templates, forms, pages, and mini sites.
- Optimize site for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assist in developing and implementing procedures for ongoing web site revision and improved web site traffic, including establishing KPI’s and reporting on all site metrics.
- Develop and document brand visual identity guidelines for web site content.
- Utilize data and analytics to make decisions, iterating to improve conversion rates via online lead generation methods.
- Keep site styling in check, optimize assets, and ensure the site has an excellent user experience, while telling the AVID Story in a compelling and engaging manner and in alignment with brand mission. Positioning AVID as the leader in chosen markets.
- Serve as a design advocate for our team, keeping up to date on the latest UX and UI research and design practices.
- Monitor and adjust to take full advantage of SEO to improve placement in online searches.
- Manage all domain name registration renewals and additions.
- Look to continuously advance our website capabilities and lead generation mechanisms.
- Explore and support development of SharePoint (intranet) sites.
- Support marketing efforts by building brochure/marketing related pages and incorporating interactive tools (e.g., surveys, forms, dealer location finder, etc.).
- Develop test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- eCommerce Management and Development
- Manage AVID eCommerce platform and external third-party support, including key partner storefronts, portals, and potential future state B2C shopping experience.
- Working with cross-functional team members for ongoing improvements, promotions, preorders, enhanced listings, and campaign considerations to drive online sales.
- Manage the accurate and consistent listing information/assets within AVID’s Product Information System (PIM) and setup of direct customer related product feeds/downloads and promotions.
- Manage product listings with applicable third-party accounts (such as 1 World Sync).
- Work closely with established customers to ensure optimized AVID presence and listing accuracy according to their marketplace best practices.
- Review data and analytics. Report accordingly and propose tactics to generate increased sales and to optimize product listings with all related eCommerce metrics.
- Manage Amazon Brand Registry. Monitor AVID associated listings and submit claims via Amazon process for listings that are inaccurate and/or are not in alignment with AVID brand.
- In collaboration with other departments as required, architect and strategize a cohesive brand appearance and seamless shopping experience. Optimize experience by recommending changes and enhancements within the platform, as well as troubleshooting when necessary.
- Other related duties include requesting and gathering all information needed from the product development team, product changes/updates to platforms as needed.
- Monitor sales activity and inventory data for AVID eCommerce platform.
- Maintain understanding of eCommerce best practice through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Project manage and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure high quality standards with on-budget and on-time delivery of all deliverables for directly managed activity.
- Work closely with team on the development of webinars. Lead and manage such efforts.
- Convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible online formats.
- Monitoring the day-to-day activity and overall performance to achieve goals (such as improving user experience, increasing website traffic and sales, and developing brand loyalty).
- Proactively identify industry trends, acumen, and customer insights to assist in ongoing enhancement of website and eCommerce.
- Working closely with Director of MarCom on yearly review of all activity, including workflows, processes, and tools for continuous improvement consideration. Supporting and/or leading the development and deployment of any improvement efforts.
- Proactively seek opportunities to advance yearly plans, goals and to assist in providing an enhanced 360-degree customer and partner experience.
Other duties as assigned.
PROFILE – does this sound like you?
- Integrity is not just a word
- Seeks different perspectives, listens to understand
- Creative thinker and self-starter
- Open minded and always willing to learn
- Sense of humor with a positive mindset
- Enjoys helping build something for a greater purpose
- Maintains focus on the potential opportunities in every situation
- Enjoys working collaboratively with all levels of an organization
- Motivated to develop long lasting and trusting relationships
- Highly organized and can effectively multi-task
- You are adaptable: you realize that sometimes things change.
- Life-learner: You take pride in learning, as well as sharing what you know with your teammates.
- Treating people with kindness and compassion while prioritizing your personal wellbeing, building trust by demonstrating authenticity and following through on commitments, and work to build strong relationships with colleagues by participating in communication loops to share and receive honest feedback. You are responsible and accountable for the culture you add to our dynamic team.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You might be a great fit if you are/have:
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effectively work as a team and independently
- Knowledge of audio products and content solutions a plus
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve errors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of browser compatibility across multiple platforms and devices
- Up-to-date experience with all web and eCommerce protocols, standards, and technologies
- Strong understanding of UI and UX, cross-browser compatibility, general web functionality and relational database standards.
- Experience working with Google Analytics – setting up campaign tagging, producing reports and generating insights on information and/or eCommerce websites.
- Experience in web development – including responsive design, CSS, front-end development, search engine optimization, and custom applications. HTML experience a plus.
- Experience using Google Search Console for monitoring SEO performance and spotting any website issues that affect performance. Additionally, optimize websites for SEO from a technical perspective while improving site structure, enhancing metadata, and improving overall site health.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 suite of tools (Teams, One Drive, Office Suite, Forms)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and BI a plus
- Experience utilizing MOZ for SEO improvements a plus
- 3-5 years of web design experience and CMS (WordPress and SharePoint) a plus
- 5+ years of eCommerce experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Competitive Compensation package including Bonus plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor Contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Retirement Benefit
- Remote Working
CONTACT (submit resume and cover letter for consideration):
Director of MarCom
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org