AVID Products, Inc.
An Employee-Owned Company
Department: Sales – Learning
Reports to: Director of Sales and Business Development
Based in Middletown, Rhode Island, AVID Products (https://www.avidproducts.com/) is a 100% employee-owned provider of award -winning audio and content solutions for the Learning and Lifestyle spaces across multiple markets. Founded 1953, AVID’s initial focus was developing value-based audio components for home and commercial use. In 1961, AVID, in collaboration with TWA, created the first in-flight entertainment headphone for commercial airline passengers, positioning the company as an innovative product leader. That legacy is at the heart of the AVID mission today, which is to leverage the Company’s and its employee owners’ commitment to excellence in providing mindful, innovative, and accessible solutions that enhance life’s experiences.
AVID continues to evolve and transform its business from a traditional provider of products, sold, and supported through traditional channels and processes, to a modern, analytically driven, multichannel provider of solutions for everyone with a focus on being a for impact company.
As a Key Account Executive at AVID, you will be part of an experienced and growing sales team. Your focus and responsibility will center on maintaining, analyzing, and expanding crucial relationships with major channel partners and select key accounts to maximize sales, profitability, and partner objectives. You will develop and utilize a thorough understanding of the AVID’s Learning portfolio, value proposition to build credibility, differentiate, and strengthen our brand position with key partner product managers, marketing managers, buyers, and sales organization leaders. Use your experience to generate new opportunity and additional revenue streams in adjacent vertical markets, while exploring new strategic partnerships to enhance AVID’s services and solutions.
- Develops and implements strategic partner plan for key accounts utilizing sales history, business intelligence, buying patterns, POS information, opportunity, and market data.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Organizes team sales calls and training events AVID’s Learning products value proposition and product portfolio with key contacts in new and existing customers, to deepen sales penetration, and increase share of business.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic business objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Establish relations through individual and team sales training events on AVID’s Learning products value proposition and product portfolio with key contacts in new and existing customers.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner terms and agreement.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
- Works closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Coordinates company executive involvement with partner and end-user customer management as appropriate.
- Collaborate with our Marketing team in developing and of various customer collateral needs including testimony, press releases, digital campaigns, and co-branded campaigns.
- Maintains business acumen and understanding of the educational market, competitors, and product functionality as a solution, to build AVID brand and insights to position clients for success.
- Coordinate with the planning and warehouse members product demand and sales forecasts to assure proper inventory levels are maintained to meet customer expectations and fulfillment.
- Steward assigned accounts through processes such as quoting, proposals, sampling, opportunity registration, order placement, payments, returns, credits, and proper inventory levels,
- Maintain customer activity log in CRM and ensure client information is current and accurate.
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team environment to achieve results.
PROFILE – does this sound like you?
- Customer Focused – Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision Quality – Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action Oriented – Takes on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
- Collaborative – Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Adaptive – Flexible to adjust and embrace change to improve oneself or the company.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You might be a great fit if you are/have:
- 7-10 years of successful sales and/or channel management preferably in K12 or SLED space
- Sales process skills, account management, pipeline management, solution selling
- A people person skilled at listening, communications with internal and external customers.
- Creative minded to solve problems and design effective solutions
- Detail oriented with knowledge of contracts and agreements
- Works efficiently independently, collaboratively, and in a remote working environment
- Builds networks including social media
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, Teams, and Power BI.
- Experience maintaining a CRM or customer database system (D365)
- Ability to travel customarily to client locations and conference to support the client experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Competitive Compensation package including Bonus plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor Contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Retirement Benefit
- Remote Working
CONTACT (submit resume and cover letter for consideration):
Director of Business Development and Sales
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com